Hi! My blog every day in November challenge is winding down. I can't believe I have managed to post a blog every day for 23 days straight! Are you sick of me yet? Hang in there, only seven days to go! Today's writing prompt is to write about your reverse bucket list.
November 23: Reverse bucket list
I wasn't sure at first what reverse bucket list meant. A bucket list is a list of things you want to do before you kick the bucket (i.e. die), so what is the reverse of that? Things you want to do before you are born? No, that can't be it. Things you don't want to do before you die? Nah, no fun in that list. Things you want to do after you're born? Well, that would be everything...so I turned to trusty Google for the answer to this riddle.
Ahh...Reverse Bucket List: A backwards look at the things you've done in your life. That makes more sense.
This was a hard list for me to write. I have a tendency to put disclaimers after everything I've done. I want to say that I'd been to Hong Kong, but then add that it was travel for work. It's not like I'm a world traveler or anything. I want to write that I once finished a 10K in first place in my age group, but with the caveat that it was a very small race. I am not going to do that this time. I am going to tell you about the cool things I've done in my life and I'm not going to downplay anything, because I rock!
1. I've been to Hong Kong, Shanghai, and Taiwan.
2. I once finished a 10k first place in my age group.
3. I moved to Manhattan by myself when I was 21.
4. I met Isaac Mizrahi (the fashion designer), Tim Gunn (Project Runway), and I once shook Jack White's (the White Stripes) hand.
5. I ran six half marathons (maybe more, I've lost count).
6. Got out of debt and stayed there.
7. Got married on the beach.
8. Remodeled every inch of an old house.
9. Helped build a house with Habitat for Humanity
10. Ran a mud run or two.
11. Married my best friend.
12. Flew to Nashville by myself to meet up with online friends.
13. Started a business with my husband.
14. Started a blog (well, you already knew that).
15. Got paid to write.
16. Went to a blog conference.
17. Rescued a dog or two.
18. I ran a 25k at midnight in the summer.
19. I flew to another state to run a half marathon.
20. I flew to another state to go to a concert.
21. I held a plank for over seven minutes.
Big or small, these are the cool things that I have done in my life so far. I hope there will be many years ahead to add more to my list, and I am sure I will wake up in the middle of the night with one or two things I forgot!
What about you? Have you ever heard of a reverse bucket list? What is on your list?
I want to remind you that I have a huge giveaway going on right now. 2013 Holiday Gift ideas for runners and you can enter to win all the gifts! Click over to check it out and to enter!
Ways to (legally) stalk me:
"LIKE" the Running with Ollie Blog page on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter @GeaLenders
Let's track each other's workouts on Dailymile
See what I am up to on Pinterest
Add me to your circles on Google +
Follow me on Instagram @runningwithollie