Get your mind out of the gutter. We are talking Mud Runs! The first step to being a Dirty Girl is to register for the Dirty Girl Mud Run. Sometimes I have to step back and ask myself the age old question, who the heck am I? There was a time in my life that even a little bit of sweating was on the low list of priorities. Anything that involved getting smelly or dirty was not appealing to me. I was a girly girl, all makeup, short skirts, and heels. Who would have thought as I moved into my late (gasp) thirties that I would fall in love with sweating, would often live in workout clothes, forgo make-up, and that things like a mud run would not only entice me, but excite me? I like this person that I have become. That prissy girl can stay back there in my 20's. This is much more fun!
I registered for the Dirty Girl Mud Run and Obstacle Course in Cedar Hill, TX (near Dallas, TX). This is my very first mud run and I am super nervous and excited. It is a 5K course with 11 challenging obstacles through the mud.
Things I LOVE about the Dirty Girl Mud Run:
1. It is women only. No boys kicking mud in your face as
2. It is not timed. No pressure! Pure fun!
3. The obstacles have detours. If you simply can't get get through/over an obstacle, you can keep moving forward by taking a detour. This is another pressure reliever. I hope I don't have to take any detours, but it is comforting to know I have the option.
4. A portion of the registration fees go to the National Breast Cancer Foundation. Their goal for 2012 is to raise $250,000 for the foundation. Get dirty for a good cause.
5. Free mud and glory for cancer survivors. From the website "To honor and celebrate all those who have fought and won the battle against cancer, Dirty Girl Mud Run reserves 250 complimentary entry slots for survivors. No fine print. No strings attached. Just click the link to the left of the event nearest you and sign up for the funniest, muddiest, most awesome day of your life."
Dirty Girl Mud Runs are happening all over the county, dates are scheduled already up to December 2013. Check it out here to see if your town made the list.
Dirty Girl Mud Run and Obstacle Course
Event Schedule. Is your city on the list?
Register Dallas (Cedar Hill State Park). If you live in the Dallas area and want to join the Running for Dummies team, just choose the team name "Running for Dummies" when you register.
Follow Dirty Girl Mud Run on Facebook
Follow Dirty Girl Mud Run on Twitter
OK, doesn't this sound like fun? Who is with me? Anyone have any tips for a mud run virgin like me?
Ways to (legally) stalk me:
"LIKE" the Running for Dummies Blog page on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter @GeaLenders
Let's track each others workouts on Dailymile
See what I am up to on Pinterest
Add me to your circles on Google +
Follow me on Instagram