Imagine my delight and surprise when I saw that January is Walk Your Dog Month! While Ollie didn't get onboard for National Penguin Day, he is super excited about this one. It's the perfect opportunity to tell you about all the benefits of walking with your dog. We walk with Ollie every single day. Whether we run or not, we always at least walk. Yes, Ollie makes a great running partner, but he also makes an outstanding walking partner.
5 Reasons to Walk Your Dog Daily (and not just during National Walk Your Dog Month)
1. Your dog needs exercise. Walking helps to keep your dog healthy and happy. Walking is an exercise that most people and dogs can do regardless of current fitness level. If you think your dog gets plenty of exercise running around in the back yard, it might not be enough. Just like you may own a treadmill, it doesn't mean you use it enough to get the fitness benefits.
2. Your dog wants to spend time with you. You are the most important person in the world to your dog. That feels great, doesn't it? A walk provides an awesome opportunity to spend quality time together. It can be a tremendous bonding experience and your dog will you love you (even more) for it.
3. It makes your dog so happy. I don't know how Ollie musters up the enthusiasm for every single run and every single walk, but for him, it never gets old. Seeing him so happy, makes me happy too.
4. Walking gives your dog a purpose. Ollie likes to get out and see his friends and protect us from potential enemies (those dang cats!). There are even some lessons you can learn from your dog!
5. Your dog provides a great reason to get outside and get moving. If for no other reason, walking your dog gives you a great reason to get moving yourself! A mile or two a day can do wonders for your own well-being!
What are you waiting for? It's a great resolution for both you and your dog. Take advantage of National Walk Your Dog Month. Get that leash and take your four-legged friend out for a walk to celebrate. Ollie and I will be waiting to receive all your National Walk Your Dog Month cards in the mail.
Like this post? Please consider sharing.
Does your running partner have four legs?
Ways to (legally) stalk me:
Follow my blog with Bloglovin