Dogs make better running partners than people. Here's why.
I have the best running partner.
1. He never hits snooze on those early morning runs.
2. He never cancels.
3. He always is always enthusiastically ready to run.
4. His schedule never gets in the way of our runs.
5. He never complains.
6. He never talks my ear off about things I don't care about.
7. He always listens when I talk.
8. He is perfectly content with running in silence.
9. He protects me against the dangers on the road (people, dogs, horses, and especially those big dangerous squirrels).
10. He doesn't care about pace. He'll go as fast or as slow as I want and is a born natural at Fartlucks. "Hey, a squirrel, let's run fast to catch him! Hey, this tree smells interesting, let's stop and check it out."
The only downside? I have to pick up his poop! (I don't have that problem with human running partners.)
Does your running partner have four legs? Then check this out!
Like this post? Please consider sharing.
Ways to (legally) stalk me:
"LIKE" the Running with Ollie Blog page on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter @GeaLenders
Let's track each other's workouts on Dailymile
See what I am up to on Pinterest
Add me to your circles on Google +
Follow me on Instagram @runningwithollie