2. Race Clothes: I like to run in shorts and tank tops, even when it is cold. My compression leg sleeves and arm warmers go a long way in keeping me warm. I usually bring a throw away sweat shirt for races in the cold. I wear it at the start and ditch it once I warm up.
3. Post Race Reward Meal or Drink: I think I ran too many half-marathons, every time I cross a finish line I feel like I earned a beer, even at a 5K. My favorite is a Corona Light with lime. Usually I start to fantasize about it around mile 11.
4. Favorite Race Song: Even though it feels like it is my social and moral obligation to mention my Jack White
5. Favorite Race Superstition: I swear I run faster with my pink compression leg sleeves. I rarely run a race without them.
6. Biggest race accomplishment: Once I finished first in my age group in a very small local 10K.
7. Favorite Race Distance: I like a 5K because I can kill myself running fast and it is over fairly quickly. I like a 10K because I almost never feel like I might die at the end. I like a half marathon, because I like the bling and it always feel like such an accomplishment.
|Half Marathon Bling|
8. Your Biggest Racing Goal: I have never run a full marathon. I plan to do it in 2013. I'd love to do it in 4 hours, but at this point, I'll be just happy to finish.
9. Your Favorite Running Shoes: I usually buy Nike or Asics but I am open to any comfortable stylish shoe.
10. Your Favorite Racing Accessory: Just one? I love my SPI belt, I don't know how anyone races without one. I also love my Road-ID tag on my shoe... and my compression sleeves...and my Nike + GPS.
11. Last but not least, what is one non-running fact about you? I like to listen to music on vinyl, except when I run, because the record player would skip out there on the street. I haven't bought a CD since 2006. These days, I buy all my new music on vinyl and pray it comes with a free digital download for the car and my runs.
How about you? What are your racing facts?
Ways to (legally) stalk me:
"LIKE" the Running for Dummies Blog page on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter @GeaLenders
Let's track each others workouts on Dailymile
See what I am up to on Pinterest
Add me to your circles on Google +
Follow me on Instagram @runningfordummies