It is easy and fun to participate. All you need is a sense of adventure and a camera! There are five photos you will need to take to enter as proof of your participation and to show you are awesome! You can submit your photos as a collage or you can submit them individually. Just make sure you also fill out the Rafflecopter form below, as the winners will be selected randomly. I will feature the random winners and my personal favorite submissions in a future blog post.
The theme of the Scavenger hunt is:
RUN | FITNESS | LIFE | BALANCE | PARTY
Challengers, Here is what you need to do:
1. Run, Walk or Crawl a virtual 5K. You can do it on the treadmill, you can do it on the street, heck you can do it on all fours if you want. Just complete 3.1 miles and submit a photo of either your finishing race time, or a photo of yourself wearing or holding the Running For Dummies Scavenger Hunt Bib (or both). It will be the easiest 5K you ever ran; no course time limits, no crowds, and no porta-potties.
|This is me at my last virtual 5K|
2. Let's have a plank off! How long can you hold it? You know that I love my planks! You can do a low elbow plank or a high straight arm plank, whatever you prefer. Submit a picture of your plank time or a picture of you in action (or both).
|Me planking in action|
3. Do something fitness related that is new to you or outside of your comfort zone.
Everyone's comfort zone is different. Maybe for you it is trying a new food, trying a new exercise, a new work-out routine, a yoga pose, or even sky diving. Think of something that scares you just a little bit, do it, and then document it with a picture. (Disclaimer: I'm joking! Skydive at your own risk, don't tell anyone Running for Dummies told you to do it. Please don't do anything dangerous or illegal). Just remember YOUR comfort zone is YOUR comfort zone, there is nothing too small or too big. Anything qualifies, as long as it is something new to you!
|Out of my comfort zone? Shaun T. gets me real uncomfortable!|
4. Share a picture of something you love. It can be anything that makes your heart smile. Then spend a minute or two being thankful for the things in life that bring you joy.
|My favorite Big Face. She loved party hats. OK, she hated them, but she did look cute.|
5. Attend my Virtual Party!! After you completed your 5K, planked for what seemed like an eternity, pushed yourself outside your comfort zone and took a moment to be thankful for the things that make you happy, I think it is time for a virtual party. "Bring" (i.e. take a picture of) your favorite healthy dish to our virtual party. To make sure we remember to have balance in our lives, also "bring" your favorite indulgence dish. Feel free to share the recipes (not a requirement, but if I get some good ones, I will share some healthy recipes on my blog). At least the calories don't count at virtual parties!
|Nothing says healthy party food like some meat and veggie skewers, ready for the grill!|
I know what you are thinking. What can I win?
We have prizes from our amazing sponsors!
1. Win one of five Road ID Gift Cards valued at $15 each. Stay Safe while you run!
3. Win A Sweaty Band. OMG...They Don't Slip!
4. Win a pair of Injinji toe socks! Are these the coolest, or what??
5. Win one of two pairs of #sweatpink Pink Shoelaces from Running for Dummies and Fit Approach!
Are you up for the Challenge? Of course you are!
A couple things to remember once you complete the challenge:
1. Right Click "Save As" to Download your full size Virtual 5K race bib by clicking here.
|Don't forget to download your race bib and PIN it to bookmark it for later.|
2. Submit all pictures, times, etc to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your full name in the e-mail. If you have a blog include your blog web address so I can tag you in my post.
3. You can submit your pictures as a collage or individually. All pictures should be current photos, taken between August 1st-August 31st. i.e. your comfort zone picture shouldn't be one of you skiing in 1992.
4. Fill out the Rafflecopter form below. This is essential in order to win a prize, as the winners will drawn randomly through Rafflecopter. Remember, you must submit pictures AND fill out the rafflecopter form in order to be eligible to win.
5. You must agree when you submit pictures that you are giving me the right to share them on the Running For Dummies Blog or Facebook Page. I will tag you and give you credit when possible.
6. Winners must have a shipping address in the United States.
7. Winners must claim their prizes with seven days of notification or an alternate winner will be selected.
8. No purchase is necessary, which is great, because I have nothing to sell you.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
"LIKE" the Running for Dummies Blog page on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter @GeaLenders
Let's track each others workouts on Dailymile
See what I am up to on Pinterest
Add me to your circles on Google +
I'm on Instagram @runningfordummies