Oh Greek Yogurt, I love you so
Your protein is high and your sugar is low.
I love you so much, let me count the ways
You made it easy to give up mayonnaise.
I love ranch dressing, so when I have an itch
I sub the mayo for yogurt for a wholesome switch.
My Mexican meal is not what it seems
Greek yogurt replaces the sour crème.
You give all the flavor without all the fat,
You're dinner & breakfast and mid morning snack.
You have all natural ingredients
I can eat you all up and still fit in my pants!
I don't know about you, but I LOVE Greek yogurt. Maybe you don't write silly poems about your favorite foods, but that's OK, I'll do it for the both of us.
There are so many reasons that I love all natural plain Greek Yogurt, mainly because it is all natural, high in protein and low in sugar, but also because it can be used as healthy substitution in so many foods.
Here are my Top Five ways to love Greek Yogurt:
1. Ranch Dressing: Did you know if you buy those ranch dressing packets and replace the mayonnaise with Greek yogurt it tastes almost the same as actual fattening bad-for-you-but-so-good Ranch Dressing? I never have to crave ranch dressing again. Note: don't buy the Ranch DIP packet, make sure you buy the one that says SALAD DRESSING.
2. As a sour cream replacement: We make these stuffed spinach & turkey mushroom caps on a weekly basis. I stir in Greek Yogurt in the meat mixture and my taste buds don't know it is not sour cream. Click for recipe here.
3. In sweet potatoes: I mix about 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt into about three large cooked mashed sweet potatoes. It makes them so creamy and delicious and as a bonus adds some protein into a starchy carb food. I mix up a batch for the week and eat a little with my lunch every day.
4. With berries and fruit: My 10am snack everyday is a 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt with berries. Maybe my taste buds are skewed from all this healthy eating, but I swear it tastes like an ice-cream treat. No one give me a real ice cream treat please, I would like to continue to believe this fantasy.
5. In Protein Shakes: Add to protein shakes for an extra creamy texture with the bonus of added protein.
There you have it, my top five favorite ways to enjoy Greek yogurt. What are yours?
Ways to (legally) stalk me:
"LIKE" the Running for Dummies Blog page on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter @GeaLenders
Let's track each others workouts on Dailymile
See what I am up to on Pinterest
Add me to your circles on Google +
See what I am taking pictures of on Instragram @runningfordummies